1:1 Coaching Appointments
Summer 2023 Coaching Availability
- GSAS Students: June 2023 appointments are now available in Handshake.
- Use the blue Schedule an Appointment button below to secure a time slot.
- SCS Students: Individual coaching appointments will resume at the beginning of the Fall 2023 semester.
- Incoming Students: All incoming students served by the Graduate Career Center will be addressed during Welcome Week in August. The GCC team will be presenting all of the instructions that you need to know about accessing our services and resources during that time.
- Please note that there are many career centers here on The Hilltop and you will be notified of your designated center during the summer months.
In addition to our skills workshops and webinars, we also offer individual career coaching appointments. Our career coaches are here to provide you with the tools and support you need to boost your career search and increase your chances of landing a job or internship.
All coaching sessions are 30 minutes in duration and are scheduled through Handshake. Our coaches can help you:
- Research job openings and companies of interest
- Better understand and communicate your skills, interests, and values
- Improve your resume and cover letters
- Prepare for networking opportunities and interviews
- Navigate offer negotiations
NOTE: Discussions pertaining to CPT/OPT and work visa policies and procedures should be directed to the Office of Global Services.
If you do not see any coaching options or available times please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Make The Most Of Your Coaching Appointment
Review the following information to ensure your individual coaching session is valuable:
- Complete your pre-coaching survey with as much detail as possible.
- The more detail you provide, the more we are able to prepare for your session.
- Upload a copy of your most current resume or CV to the “My Documents” tab of your Handshake profile prior to your coaching session.
- Don’t worry about it being perfect or fully up-to-date, we just want to have it as a starting point for our meeting.
- If you do not have a resume or are looking for a resume template, you can start here.
- Review our Virtual Career Toolkit to familiarize yourself with the career management resources available to you.
- This will ensure the time spent with your coach is dedicated to topics specific to your career path and search strategies.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so in Handshake to ensure your time slot can be offered to another student.
- Coaching sessions are in high demand, but we understand if your schedule changes! You can always reschedule.