Meet with a Coach
Skills Workshops & Webinars
Our skills workshops have concluded for the semester. An updated events schedule will be posted at the start of the Fall 2023 semester.
For all returning students, we encourage you to review our workshop and webinar offerings below so you’re ready to jump into the new school year in August!
Workshop & Webinar Offerings
Intentional Career Planning
This event is the best way to interact with the Graduate Career Center if you’re just starting your search or need help determining your next steps. In this workshop you will learn more about how to:
- Intentionally approach your post-grad career
- Evaluate your skills and set goals
- Organize your job search
Career Planning for International Students
Searching for a U.S.-based job as an international student can be a challenge (*Note* If you are looking for specific CPT/OPT or visa guidance, please contact your OGS advisor). Join the Graduate Career Center (GCC) team of our Career Planning as an International Student event to learn more about:
- Graduate Career Center Resources
- The American Job Market
- Curated strategies specific to international students in graduate school
Looking to leverage your network for an upcoming job or internship search? Join Career Coach Caitlin Moore and the Graduate Career Center (GCC) team to learn more about:
- Accessing your Georgetown network
- Identifying new professional connections
- Reaching out to network connections
- Conducting informational interviews
Resumes & Cover Letters 101
Ready to revamp your resume? Or are cover letters getting you down?
Join Career Coach Caitlin Moore and the Graduate Career Center team for a resume and cover letter writing tutorial that will provide insights into recruiter expectations, writing best practices, and templates to help you get started.
*Note* We will focus on traditional corporate resume formats for this event. For those interested in learning more about Federal Resume writing, we recommend this YouTube playlist from the Cawley Career Center.
Preparing for interviews can be nerve-wracking. Join Career Coach Caitlin Moore to learn more about interview preparation strategies and Graduate Career Center resources that can help you put your best foot forward with employers.
*Note* This event focuses on behavioral interviews.
1:1 Coaching Appointments
Summer 2023 Coaching Availability
- GSAS Students: June 2023 appointments are now available in Handshake.
- Use the blue Schedule an Appointment button below to secure a time slot.
- SCS Students: Individual coaching appointments will resume at the beginning of the Fall 2023 semester.
- Incoming Students: All incoming students served by the Graduate Career Center will be addressed during Welcome Week in August. The GCC team will be presenting all of the instructions that you need to know about accessing our services and resources during that time.
- Please note that there are many career centers here on The Hilltop and you will be notified of your designated center during the summer months.
In addition to our skills workshops and webinars, we also offer individual career coaching appointments. Our career coaches are here to provide you with the tools and support you need to boost your career search and increase your chances of landing a job or internship.
All coaching sessions are 30 minutes in duration and are scheduled through Handshake. Our coaches can help you:
- Research job openings and companies of interest
- Better understand and communicate your skills, interests, and values
- Improve your resume and cover letters
- Prepare for networking opportunities and interviews
- Navigate offer negotiations
NOTE: Discussions pertaining to CPT/OPT and work visa policies and procedures should be directed to the Office of Global Services.
If you do not see any coaching options or available times please email us at email@example.com.
How to make the most of your appointment
Review the following information to ensure your individual coaching session is valuable:
- Complete your pre-coaching survey with as much detail as possible.
- The more detail you provide, the more we are able to prepare for your session.
- Upload a copy of your most current resume or CV to the “My Documents” tab of your Handshake profile prior to your coaching session.
- Don’t worry about it being perfect or fully up-to-date, we just want to have it as a starting point for our meeting.
- If you do not have a resume or are looking for a resume template, you can start here.
- Review our Virtual Career Toolkit to familiarize yourself with the career management resources available to you.
- This will ensure the time spent with your coach is dedicated to topics specific to your career path and search strategies.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so in Handshake to ensure your time slot can be offered to another student.
- Coaching sessions are in high demand, but we understand if your schedule changes! You can always reschedule.